This week we talked about things we do to get ready for spring river season.
Gear of the wWeek
– Waterbound Podcast (Zach)
– InReach Mini (Erik)
This week Aaron Erdrich joins the podcast to talk about some of his rafting experiences, R-1 boating, and the Dirt Bag Paddlers.
– Natural Resources Management Act Passes the House
– Peshtigo Fest in Wisconsin (April 26-28)
This week we interview Will Howerton – a kayak instructor who talks about the importance of proper instruction when you are starting out, how to practice your paddling skills, and what it means to paddle like a girl.
Check out Will’s kayak classes at Central Oregon Whitewater Academy
This week Zach, Erik, and Aaron Cavagnolo discuss some pointers about applying to work for rafting companies.
– The Oregon Wildlands Act passes the Senate
– The Idaho river permit lottery results are postponed for a week
– Rogue River permit results were announced – reserve your boat rentals soon
– BoatSmith is this weekend and it’s gonna be high water
This week we talked with Emerald LaFortune, the Executive Director of Redside Foundation. The Redside Foundation supports the health and vitality of Idaho’s guiding community.
This week Aaron Cavagnolo joins us to talk about the dangers of blown neck gaskets, trucks and trailers, and the end of paddle boating in the west.
This week we responded to mail about inflatable kayaks and Jacob Cruser joined us to discuss inflatable kayak design and what types of IKs work best in what settings. We talked quite a bit about the legendary Stiletto kayak, IK design, and kayak stability.
– Recently updated AIRE BakRaft Expedition (Zach)
– Zero degree offset paddles (Priscilla)
– Buy good oars (Erik)